The 2020 Eberhart Night of Poetry was not able to be held in a face-to-face setting this year, but a virtual celebration has been made. All 22 finalists made clips of themselves reading their poems and these were put together into a video celebration.
All 22 finalists receive a book of poetry courtesy of The Friends of the Library. One winner from each building will also receive a cash prize from an endowment the children of Richard Eberhart have established. This year’s building winners were:
- Woodson Kindergarten Center—Emmaline Dundas (Kindergartner)
- Banfield Elementary School—Charlotte Bliese (4th grader)
- Neveln Elementary School—Sawyer Loucks (3rd grader)
- Southgate Elementary School—Sophie Kaercher (4th grader)
- Sumner Elementary School—Jacqui Delgadillo (4th grader)
- I.J. Holton Intermediate School—Pleh Meh (5th grader)
- Ellis Middle School—Nadia Hummel (7th grader)
- Austin High School—Wren Clinefelter (11th grader)
Congratulations to all the participants, finalists, and building winners!