Austin Public Education Foundation is pleased to be able to continue with a 30 year tradition of providing instructional staff grant monies to support and enhance learning in the classrooms! Since 1992 the Huntting and Packer Endowments have made these grants possible. Growing from a single $500 dollar grant that first year to awarding 50 grants totaling over $84,500.00 in 2022.
The APE Foundation is pleased to consider applications that benefit the students of the Austin Public Schools. Please review the attached district goals when submitting your grant.
The foundation does not provide grants for the following:
- Salary or fringe benefits for school district employees
- Continuing education
- Student fees and/or rentals normally paid by parents or guardians
- Field trips
- Food or snacks
If you are requesting an item that will require the district’s support, please talk to your principal to see if it can be supported.
Two Grants, One Submission Process
As of the 2021 grants are available to both instructional staff and building administrators. Instructional Staff grants will continue to be funded through the Huntting and Packer Endowments. Building Administrator grants will be funded through APEF grants from the Hirsh Foundation.
- Your grant should not be more than 1-2 word processed pages. Refer to the sample grants found in the tab above or links below.
- Submit FOUR PAPER COPIES of your grant to Jennifer Boysen, Executive Director, at the APEF Office located in the High School. Emailed grants will not be considered.
Your grant needs to contain the following information:
- Date, project title, school, applicant name(s), signature(s) and contact phone and e-mail information.
- A brief description of the objectives or purpose of the grant request, including the number and description of the people who will be served by the grant.
- A detailed description of item(s requested with estimated costs.
- List each item separately; it is beneficial to prioritize your items and attach pictures.
- If a grant is awarded, approval is given only for item(s) and dollar amount described.
- The foundation board must approve any changes prior to purchase.
- For Instructional Staff grants, email your administrator detailing your grant request. This will keep principals informed of the number and objectives of grant requests generated by their staff.
- Applications are due March 6th, 2023 for projects to be funded for the 2023-2024 school year.
- The grant committee will notify you if your grant was selected, by April 7th, 2023. If your grant is accepted, give your purchase order to your principal stating it is for the APE Foundation, prior to the last day of school. For building administrators, submit purchase orders as normal with a notation that funding is provided by the APEF grant. Your order will be made after July 1st, 2023 and you should have your items in time for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Access a Word document version of Instructional Staff Grants here.
- Access a Word document version of Building Administrator Grants here.