Austin Public Education Foundation Grant Process Information
The APE Foundation is pleased to consider applications that benefit the students of the Austin Public Schools. Please review the attached district goals when submitting your grant.
The foundation does not provide grants for the following:
- Salary or fringe benefits for school district employees
- Continuing education
- Student fees and/or rentals normally paid by parents or guardians
- Field trips
- Food or snacks
If you are requesting an item that will require the district’s support, please talk to your principal to see if it can be supported.
Applications are due March 21st, 2022 for projects to be funded for the 2022-2023 school year.
The grant committee will notify you if your grant was selected, by March 31st, 2022. If your grant is accepted, give your purchase order to your principal stating it is for the APE Foundation, prior to the last day of school. For building administrators, submit purchase orders as normal with a notation that funding is provided by the APEF grant. Your order will be made after July 1st, 2022 and you should have your items in time for the 2022-2023 school year.
Access a Word document version of Instructional Staff Grants here.
Access a Word document version of Building Administrator Grants here.
Two Grants, One Submission Process
As of the 2021 grants are available to both instructional staff and building administrators. Instructional Staff grants will continue to be funded through the Huntting and Packer Endowments. Building Administrator grants will be funded through APEF grants from the Hirsh Foundation.
- Your grant should not be more than 1-2 word processed pages. Refer to the sample grants below for guidance.
- Submit FOUR PAPER COPIES of your grant to Jennifer Boysen, Executive Director, at the APEF Office located in the High School. Emailed grants will not be considered.
Your grant needs to contain the following information:
- Date, project title, school, applicant name(s), signature(s) and contact phone and e-mail information.
- A brief description of the objectives or purpose of the grant request, including the number and description of the people who will be served by the grant.
- A detailed description of item(s requested with estimated costs.
- List each item separately; it is beneficial to prioritize your items and attach pictures.