Your grant needs to contain the following information:
- Date, project title, school, applicant name(s), signature(s) and contact phone and e-mail information.
- A brief description of the objectives or purpose of the grant request, including the number and description of the population to be served by the grant.
- A detailed description of item(s) requested with estimated costs.
- List each item separately; it is beneficial to prioritize your items and attach pictures in the event a partial grant is awarded.
- Your grant should not be more than 1-2 typed pages. Refer to the sample grants below for guidance.
- Submit FOUR PAPER COPIES of your grant to the APEF Executive Director. Emailed grants will not be considered.
Building Administrator Grant – Sample
2/2/21 Ellis Middle School – Gagaball Pit
To: Austin Public Education Foundation,
I am writing to request a grant for the Ellis Middle School. We currently have 800 children in the 7th and 8th grade at Ellis. This number does fluctuate each year.
Our students would benefit from a Gagaball pit to provide structured activity for social and physical wellbeing. Many of our district’s elementary schools have proven the benefit of Gagaball as an activity that encourages connection and physical agility.
We would appreciate it if you were able to fund a new Gagaball pit which would be placed on the north side of the building in the green space. Students would have access during lunch or before and after school.
Item Requested: 1 Gagaball Pit
Total purchase: $2189.85
Thank you for taking the time to read my request,
Principal, Ellis Middle School
# 555-5555 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Signed: Suzie Smith
- Applications are due March 1, 2021 for projects to be funded for the 2021-2022 school year.
- The grant committee will notify you if your grant was selected, by March 26th, 2021.
- If a grant is awarded, approval is given only for item(s) and dollar amount described.
- The foundation board must approve any changes prior to purchase.
- If your grant is accepted, submit purchase orders with a notation that funding is provided by the APEF grant.
- Your order will be made after July 1st, 2021 and you should have your items in time for the 2021-2022 school year.